Estim begginer problems

A place to talk about e-stim and share ideas and advice. Feel free to start topics here, asking any questions about e-stim that are on your mind.
Jdog22
New Kid On The Block
New Kid On The Block

Estim begginer problems

Unread post by Jdog22 »

Hi I'm fairly new to estim I have a PES BOX. A sparkler, testicle tubular, metal urethra probe, pads, and a vaginal electrode for my wife. We tried experimenting the other day. Loaded up on lube and put the sparkler right under my head and the pes testicle tubular on. Only felt shar and stinging sensations around the pens head and nothing in my balls. What am I doing wrong? Set the settings to the ones recommended by pes.
Even the pads only sent sharp stinging sensations when put on either side of my wife's clit.. should we invest in a different box?

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: Estim begginer problems

Unread post by Joanne »

I have never heard anyone say anything nice about the PES Box. It is based on a very old TENS unit and has very limited control. Modern control boxes offer much better performance and the ability to tweak the sensations. A different box should make a huge difference. It may be worth looking at hooking up with someone local who is into e-stim to try a different box before you buy as they aren't cheap.

Regarding the loops around your cock and balls, you will always feel most of the sensation in your glans as the Dorsal nerve coming from there will provide most of the stimulation and your brain will perceive it as coming from the glans of your penis.

Jo.
I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

Serpentwand
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

Unread post by Serpentwand »

Ouch that sounds unpleasant! You could try a pair of pads stuck firmly on the perineum / base of balls and just below the penis head (on either side) to rule out contact or lubricant issues. A pair as close as possible to each side of the anus also works for me. They shouldn’t need much power to feel good. If you do want to try a different box I’m enjoying the inexpensive Med-Fit Professional TENS / EMS medical unit.

Jdog22
New Kid On The Block
New Kid On The Block

Unread post by Jdog22 »

Thx for the quick responses. Which box would you recommend at a intermediate price? Also what toys would u recommend for my wife that's not too scary for her to be introduced to estim other than pads? And what feelings from the tens pads should we be experiencing. Thank you again for the help!

Serpentwand
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

I’d buy one of the blue dual channel rechargeable machines as seen on the Med-Fit site. Being an NHS approved supplier makes me feel a bit more comfortable about their equipment. Note their prices don’t include VAT and a search on a shopping site for med-fit tens machine finds them for £50-60. I bought the £60 Professional so I could play with the manual adjustments however the £50 one has 30 presets instead of 24 and I feel a little tempted to buy one of those too as the mixed frequency and modulated TENS patterns can be fantastic. The PDFs on the Manuals page list the full details of the presets towards the last pages. Just check before buying that the product page shows the 30 programmes or 24 + manual as you desire - they look to me like the same physical units with different firmware.

Your wife could have a look at the thread Has anyone tried any of the kegel8 or istim probes?.

Am I right in thinking the PES box only does pulses? That seems very limited so you’d probably only feel taps or throbs. Waves can be a lot nicer. You could try turning the pulse width down and the frequency up and the fleshy part of the buttocks is probably the place to start as most tolerant to any pain.

Serpentwand
Frequent Visitor
Frequent Visitor

So I went to the manual settings on my TENS machine and found a straight 80Hz / 200μs through pads on my frenulum / shaft on penis and base of balls was pleasant but a bit dull, like someone gripping the end of the penis and then just continuing to grip it indefinitely. The fun comes from varying the signal by cycling the pulse width (intensity) up and down over a few seconds or doing a few low frequency pulses (taps or flicks) followed by a burst of high frequency then repeating. It’s like that gripping hand starts to move. :D