BDSM Breakfast Tray Idea

A place to share ideas and advice regarding DIY BDSM equipment.
Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

BDSM Breakfast Tray Idea

Unread post by Joanne »

I am feeling particularly crafty at the moment and looking for things I can make to sell to help cover my costs as I do need to eat etc.

I am toying with the idea of making some custom made BDSM Breakfast Trays, the sort of thing any submissive would be delighted to use to deliver a lovingly cooked breakfast to their Dominant.

I have an idea, and that is to get a rustic looking wooden tray and to embed pieces of BDSM equipment (cuffs, paddle, nipple clamps, pegs etc.) into epoxy resin. I would also include a custom message embedded into the resin using Scrabble Board Letters. :)

Messages such as these spring to mind:
  • Would you prefer to eat me afterwards?
  • All you can eat, including me.
  • To my Master, from your loving sub.
You get the idea, something personal and with meaning.

I think it could look rather lovely but having looked at the costs of making them they probably won't be cheap £85-£95.

This is due to the extremely high costs of the resin as I would need two different types, the first thick layer to encapsulate the items with the second layer being an FDA food safe approved resin to seal everything in. That resin isn't cheap and accounts for over half of the manufacturing costs.

So, I would appreciate everyone's thoughts on this sort of custom product. Here is a concept pic (yes I know it's crap, but you get the idea). The message would be made with Scrabble Pieces.

Do you think there would be a market for custom pieces of kit like this?
Attachments
Here is a quick concept picture of the sort of thing I am thinking of making
Here is a quick concept picture of the sort of thing I am thinking of making
concept.jpg (77.27 KiB) Viewed 7717 times

I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)