MK-312BT E-Stim Control Box

A place to share ideas and advice regarding DIY equipment and electrodes.
Gyrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Re: MK-312BT E-Stim Control Box

Unread post by Gyrator »

@Joanne and @lawman - many thanks for the links - very useful info. Am considering making up an Estim Arduino shield using output stages much like those of the MK-312. Should offer erotic possibilities to anyone conversant with writing Arduino sketches (and we can use all the help we can find in that regard!)

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Joanne »

I would love that so much as I love messing around with Arduinos. They are amazing little bits of kit.

I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

Gyrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by Gyrator »

I would be very interested to hear from anyone who uses the MK312 and especially if they find the max power output satisfactory. Also, the MK312 seems to have an option (using JP6 and JP7) to have a low voltage/high current output on the ring of the stereo jack (with the high voltage/low current still available on the tip of the jack). Does anyone use the low voltage option in practice? I ask as there are a number of transformers in the same series including ones with 200mW rating rather than the 75mW of the type in the 312.

Thanks.

Gyrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by Gyrator »

@Joanne - very impressed by your project. I will have a good read of the link you gave in the youtube video (I'm dyslexic so it takes time). It's considerably more complex than the unit I have in mind!

Gyrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by Gyrator »

@Joanne - One thing I should have mentioned in case you have not seen them already - if you are planning something that need more speed than the Arduino boards can deliver you might like to look at the Chipkit boards that are Arduino compatible to a great degree but run 32 bit CPUs at up to 80MHz so can do things with audio that a 16meg Atmel CPU can't.

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Unread post by Joanne »

Oooh, thank you for the heads up @Gyrator, they do indeed sound very interesting, the higher clock speed would be very useful for sampling and audio based projects.
I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

lawman

Unread post by lawman »

Gyrator wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 pm
I would be very interested to hear from anyone who uses the MK312 and especially if they find the max power output satisfactory. Also, the MK312 seems to have an option (using JP6 and JP7) to have a low voltage/high current output on the ring of the stereo jack (with the high voltage/low current still available on the tip of the jack). Does anyone use the low voltage option in practice? I ask as there are a number of transformers in the same series including ones with 200mW rating rather than the 75mW of the type in the 312.
Thanks.
The power output is fine for me on high. I am going to play around a bit with transformers. I am going to try one with higher voltage (still 75mW) to see if it will feel "deeper" and then perhaps one with a higher wattage to see how that feels. The TU series is 460mW as in case 200mW isnt enough to trip your trigger. I would suspect that would be a bit too much.

lawman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by lawman »

Guest wrote:
Wed Oct 02, 2019 3:43 pm
Gyrator wrote:
Sun Sep 29, 2019 6:58 pm
Thanks.
The power output is fine for me on high. I am going to play around a bit with transformers. I am going to try one with higher voltage (still 75mW) to see if it will feel "deeper" and then perhaps one with a higher wattage to see how that feels. The TU series is 460mW as in case 200mW isnt enough to trip your trigger. I would suspect that would be a bit too much.
Hey Gryator, the above reply is from me.

Gyrator
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by Gyrator »

@lawman - Many thanks for the reply. Luckily I have found there is a UK source on ebay that has a wide range of the 42 series transformers so over time I can play with a range of them. Up to now I have used mains transformers with 115+115 primaries and say 12V + 12V secondaries and they work fine (though I suspect they are a bit lossy at high frequencies) They are also rather large and heavy but OK for basic testing.

lawman
Enthusiastic Member
Enthusiastic Member

Unread post by lawman »

Gyrator, Please keep posting and give us your insight on what you discover and I will do same. Thx!