E-Stim switch… bad idea or good idea?

A place to share ideas and advice regarding DIY equipment and electrodes.
Sissybecky
Familiar Face
Familiar Face
E-Stim switch… bad idea or good idea?

Unread post by Sissybecky »

I have a 2B box, and there are times I want to play with more than 2 (bipolar) electrodes. I was thinking a simple solution would be to wire a 4P2T switch to a set of 3.5mm plugs, and then I could switch from (for instance) 2 bi-polar nipple clamps to some fun toys “downstairs”.

If this works well, I’d like to explore using some relays instead. However, before I even embark, I have one burning question: What are the consequences of momentarily breaking connection if the power is turned on?

Thanks for the input!

Joanne
Site Admin
Site Admin

Re: E-Stim switch… bad idea or good idea?

Unread post by Joanne »

That is a good question and one I do not know the answer, I tink you would need to experiment a bit to find out.
I'm just a kinky married mother of two who enjoys playing with sex toys and telling the internet all about it. ;)

Mothdust
New Kid On The Block
New Kid On The Block
Re: E-Stim switch… bad idea or good idea?

Unread post by Mothdust »

Judging from my experience when a sketchy DIY adapter has made intermittent contact, you could be in for a bit of a jolt when you flick the switch... I found it was two or three times as intense as the level being used at the time. It led me to consider the possibility of employing a normally closed pushbutton to toggle the power for an extra bit of oomph on demand...